Monday, October 6, 2008

First Group Ride

So I went on my first group ride on Saturday. It was with the Valley Athletic Club/CBC team. Everyone was very nice and helpful. I had a great time despite the torrential downpour....which made things a bit more challenging for me. I feel like I did pretty well, but I'm pretty sure it was a very, very easy ride for most of them. I rented an all carbon bike for the ride. Matt had been letting me use his Allez in San Diego and I haven't purchased my own bike yet. But after riding the much lighter bike, I am now planing to spend way more than originally planned on a bicycle. I am really excited about it. Hoping to have the funds secured so I can get one at B&L while I'm down visiting Matt this coming weekend. I might even race in the TT at Fiesta Island while I'm there. I am absolutely no good at this cycle thing, but I'm having a blast and look forward to learning a lot from the girls on the team.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that was one nasty ride. I'm just glad it wasn't cold. It was good to see so many new people come out and ride.