Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bitter Sweet

Most of my afternoon was spent watching XTERRA Worlds in Maui. For those of you who don't know, I embarked viciously on the road to XTERRA starting last October after realizing that muscular dystrophy was not going to take my competitive spirit. It's crazy to look back at the fact that I have only been on a bike and swimming for a year. My heart was after Maui and unfortunately due to a few different circumstances I was unable to make it there this year. It has been so great meeting other athletes that have not let their circumstances prevent them from being active and competing. Doctors told me to quit athletics and take part in gentle physical activity. Well there is nothing gentle about XTERRA. Megan Fisher was the first female "challenged" athlete to complete Worlds today. It is great that she is paving the way and I can only hope that she will have some good competition in the future! Also, congratulations to David Kyle, Andy May, and Ryan Moulton!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i look forward racing alongside you... or maybe just trying to chase you down!! good luck this season!
-meg